6.05.2011

Oh my hiking!

I tell myself I love the outdoors. And I try to spend time out in them. But sometimes they really kick my butt! Jenn, her niece, and the Tucketts went to hike lower Lena. We'd read all about it. An easy hike with gentle switchbacks. About 4 miles roundtrip.

What it didn't mention was it was switchbacks up for most of the three miles one way. The kids did great. So did the dogs. So did Robin & Jeremiah. So did Jenn. I, on the otherhand, thought I was going to die.

But after a rest at the lakeside and downhill the whole way back, it was a pretty pleasant day. Harvey slept the entire way back, tucked between me and the door.


1 comment:

Robin Tuckett said...

You must not have seen me crying ... I didn't do very well. But I must say that the memories from it are fantastic!