9.16.2008

Haircuts

I've decided haircuts are funny things. If you get a dramatic short cut, everyone tells you it looks good even if they don't like it. If you have long hair and lose three or four inches, but it is still below your shoulders, no one notices. Well, not no one, but not the people you expect.

I got my hair cut this past Friday night. I wore it down and no one noticed. Then I wore it down to the Aunt Mary Jane's pool and no one noticed. Although I chalked that one up to it getting wet in the beginning. And then I wore it down to family dinner and no one noticed. So I put my hair up at the end of the meal. But I told Robin and Jeremiah on the way home. So they said very nice things about me.

But what is funny is that a woman at church who I haven't seen in three weeks or so, noticed.

I'm guessing that what was really going on was that I still looked so good that no one felt the need to say a word. So, in a nutshell, thanks for the compliment. It means a lot!

4 comments:

Nadeau Family said...

I think you're right - when you go from really long to just long it's not something that easily gets noticed....even when I just chopped 10 inches off my hair not all that many people noticed...

Sorry for not noticing, Sid - I'm sure it looks great!

Sidse said...

Don't even worry. I know it doesn't look that different!

Tucketts said...

It just always looks good and you do it in different styles. Jeremiah never notices when I cut or color my hair. He usually sees the box in the garbage and then says ... hmmm, did you do something different with your hair??? It dosen't count when you see the box! You look great!

Kevin said...

don't you know our family is oblivious to everything? They wouldn't even notice if you lost a finger! I'm sure your hair looks great!