7.07.2014

July & August 2014 Photo-a-day challenge kick-off

I've decided to do a photo a day challenge for the next two months. It's because I don't have class for the summer. I plan on posting the photos here once a week or so. Hopefully the pictures improve with practice and the journey is enjoyable.

July 3 (started late)
Theme: Building/House
The Story: I wanted to do a picture of my house. Love the color of the door and thought a shot of the entire entry would be a good kick-off to welcoming you into the photo trek.
July 4
Theme: Patriotic/Fireworks
The Story: Spent a lovely evening at the Tumwater 4th Event. Got an elephant ear from my favorite local vendor. This was my favorite shot from the show with the little puffs of smoke.

July 5
Theme: Tree
The Story: It was a busy day and I was keeping my eye out for the perfect tree shot. I wanted to tell the story of a tree by only shooting part of the whole. Finally, at twilight, I was still working on the shot when I noticed the bundle of seeds hanging just over my shoulder. It was a "eureka" moment. What better way than to shoot the prequel to the tree. I had to use a flashlight to get the mood just right.

July 6
Theme: Cup/Mug
The Story: This is just my favorite mug. It makes me happy and the memory of finding it and picking out the perfect one always makes me smile.

No comments: