6.22.2010

Have I ever told you...


I love the Chevy Nova. I'm not sure why. I love front bench seats. Maybe that's it. I love the swoop of the body lines. I love the roomy back seat where three little sisters can sit comfortably. But not just for the sum of its parts, I love the Chevy Nova.

The other day I was on the way up to the airport in my mom's car to pick up her sister and family (they and their luggage wouldn't fit in mine) when I saw it. It had been a while since I'd seen one in the wild. My heart leapt. This was no rusted out beauty, this was a lovingly cared for Nova. I was 2-lanes from flagging that man down and begging him to trade. I'm sure my dad would have been fine with it, right?

On the other end of my ridiculous love spectrum is the SmartCar. When I see it I know it is a silly looking vehicle, but the love ensues. I saw one the other day and was glad to be alone as I actually snickered aloud. I wonder if that's how the people who love man-wagons feel when they spot one of those?

No comments: